An indispensable aspect of search engine optimization is link building. Running a link building campaign is essential to get high traffic and top rankings on the search engine. Building links is like collecting votes. So when you have more sites voting for your website the spider considers you a popular and reliable source and ranks you higher. The major benefits related to link building are –
- Website traffic improvement
- Higher page rank
- Strong presence on the internet
- Beat Competition
- Gain the trust of the Search Engines
SEO firms employ experienced professionals to plan out a foolproof link building strategy. They create a combination of methods like Directory Submissions, Article Submissions, Blogging, Blog Commenting, Forum Discussions, Social Bookmarking Websites, Press Release and Link Exchange.
Link building does sound like a lucrative process but that does not imply that you go about building links blindly. Try out the following steps to initiate a campaign –
- Plan a strategy to have 300 links pointing back at you. Then plan the number of articles you need to write, the number of directories you need to link to and the link exchanges you need to request. This is the time when a lot of research will come in handy. Read up as much as you can about building links. Every bit of information could lead to a new turn. SEO professional regularly update their knowledge and learn about new tricks.
- Carefully choose the sites you wish to build links with. Make sure they have similar interests as you and belong to your market.
- Directory submissions – Run a search for all the major directories for link submission. The links received from a directory is more valuable than you can imagine. The search spider often crawls over these sites to pick relevant reference for the user query. Ensure you also target the local directories. A search engine optimization firm completely researchers on the possible sites to build links with.
- Keywords – While linking our website ensure you include the keywords in the link text that links to your website. Make it a practice to change the links text slightly. This gives the search engine the impression that the link is real and not generated automatically.
- Competition check – Regularly check the link building strategy of the competitor. You will most probably get the data for further link building sites through this. Build exchange links with the site. Brief the benefits of exchanging links with your site and also mention the code you want them to use on their website.
- Post link building – After you have completed the entire procedure and are still continuing to follow it, review the plan built by you earlier. You will definitely find the scope for improvement. Tweak the plan regularly and try different kinds of link building process. This is normal practice for the SEO professionals at SEO firms.
However important and fruitful the link-building method may be, SEO professionals take a few precautions to avoid damage to the site reputation. The SEO firms are well aware that the vote of every site for your site counts, hence they choose sites with great care. Experts do not build links with illegal sites like gambling, adult sites etc. These sites are negatively ranked by the search engines. Generating backlinks from these sites will not get you any results.
Also see the results generated by link building you may tend to go overboard. This is a negative sway which Search engine optimization firms avoid. This may cause the search engine to consider you as a spammer and heavily penalize you. SEO professionals build links within the allowable limits and do not use any spamming tricks.